Subject: FLASH: Loading variables into nested MC's
From: Phil Ward
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:37:33 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have, I think, a similar problem to the load text variable thread so could
also use some help if available.

I am trying to get text variables loaded into a nested MC setup for a
dynamic map using Swift Generator here is the setup:

The main movie has an MC called primary with an instance of Kansas which
when rolled over pops up a menu which contains items 'route 1' 'route 2'
etc.

When 'route 1' for example is rolled over another MC called secondary is
called via tell target to display the holding panel containing the variables
we wish to populate.

The ultimate goal is to have an active button for each location on the map,
each in turn calling a string from the database. I assume that as long as
the instance names for the MC's are unique I can target them individually.

I know that the data string is being called and getting to the browser as it
flashes up briefly in the address bar but the data fails to appear in the
required variable slot within the secondary MC.

I have tried various target syntax but to no avail, any idea where I am
going wrong?

TIA

Phil Ward
Crescent Graphics

phil-watcrescent-graphics [dot] co [dot] uk
www.crescent-graphics.co.uk
New Media <> Internet <> Visuals

flasher is generously supported by...