Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash w/ QTVR -- bugs? (hey Michael)
From: Michael@BTW
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:57:50 +0100

I've mostly been using it to control linear movies, myself. The new QT
(4.1x) plugs are causing some problems over on the QT list
(quicktime-talkatpublic [dot] lists [dot] apple [dot] com). The flash track (alpha) problems
I've been having haven't been fixed by the new QT plugs, no. However all
seems to work if you open the QT in the player just fine (and generally more
stable than using the embed tag).

I do that with a Flash button, get url, target quicktimeplayer, export as
Quicktime.

Other folks involved with trying to track down the QTVR bugs are reporting
various features broken and serious out of memory problems. Apple appears to
be chasing SMiL buzzword compliance at the expense of the potentially much
more powerful Flash track and the long time cool features of interactive
QTVR, a sad note for both Apple and Macromedia, IMHO.

What was that I heard about ASF supporting a Flash track?;-)...

> I am about to dive into livestage to make some interactive
> Quicktime. I'm particularly interested in using the Flash track
> interactively. Michael mentioned some problems with Flash content
> in QT. Michael, did the QT update released yesterday solve your
> problem with the embed tag? Just wondering. Maybe you could
> talk a little more about your experiences with QT+Flash?
> ((Especially QTVR+Flash...))
>
> Thanks a bunch
>
> Rob Adams
> theshowatiei [dot] net