Subject: Re: FLASH: What am i doing wrong? (asp and flash) #2
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 03:46:36 +0100

Chris,

I didn't mean my comment to reflect on your answer (but actually
response.write is what you'd use to send the variable back from asp to
Flash and I thought FlashCasey was trying to get things sent the other
way). It referred to a post I had just sent (which still hasn't shown
up on the list here) that was in error. And for Flash Casey, in
addition to that change to the sql string, it also had this suggestion
for the Flash part:

Change to either
Set Variable: "Zone" = "R"
Load Variables ("../ResidentialListings.asp", 0, vars=POST)

or

Set Variable: "Zone" = "R"
Get URL ("../ResidentialListings.asp", window="main", vars=POST)

depending on whether you want to return control to the Flash movie (1st
option), where you can check for a value returned from the asp, or pass
control to the asp file (2nd option). (I usually use the 2nd option
first to test that things are working and then switch to the 1st, but it
sounds from your description like option 2 is what you want).

Regards and sorry for the confusion,
Helen
Helen Triolo � http://i-Technica.com � 301-424-6037
Flash Q&A archive � http://i-technica.com/flashlist