Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Adobe Sues Macromedia [OT]
From: till
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:49:56 +0100

> >sour grapes?
> >http://www.adobefacts.com/

>It's getting tough out there, protecting what sets you apart is becoming
>pretty key business. As a stockholder in both companies, I'm not really
>sure how I feel about it, but I am glad as a user that F5 doesn't suck to
>use nearly as much as F4.

I think it is ridiculous that someone can have a patent on "tabbed
palettes". Where is the difference between MS Windows UI's tabbed dialogs
and Adobes tabbed palettes except that they are smaller and you can drag
and drop your own palette combinations ? So who started using tabbed
dialogs anyway, i guess not Adobe... can the company that "invented" the
"tabbed dialog" please sue Adobe for using tabs in it's palettes? This
leads nowhere. You're right, Flash 4 UI is not really great but Livemotions
UI totally sucks. I like the UI of After Effects which is basically the
same as in Livemotion - BUT After Effects is for video compositing /
animation, where you have to watch every effect parameter exactly because
rendering a preview can take hours. This does not apply for Flash
animations where you can check everything in (nearly) realtime. So there's
no need for Flash (or Livemotion) to use After Effects UI concept of
expandable parameter layers for each object layer.

Bye,
Till