Subject: FLASH: Tier 3 roll overs
From: Heather Donelson
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:14:07 GMT

Hi Campers!
I am doing a 3 tiered nav bar with roll overs and place holds and could
use some help from the Fantastic Flashers of the World!
Basically what I want to do is have it so that you roll over a section
"News" and see its sub sections such as "Business", "Weather" and
"Local" and then when you roll over those sub sections you see their sub
sections which for "Weather" it might be "Radar", "Satellite",
"Temperatures". So then when the user decides to click on a third tier
of "Weather" such as "Radar" it is highlighted and it keeps highlighted
while the user can still roll over and see all tier 2 sections, "Local"
and "Business", sub sections.
What is the easiest way to do this?
I have been doing it in Flash 3 with roll overs, goto frames and key
frames but that last little bit with getting the highlight to stick with
the roll over of the other sections is the one that is bothering me. I
am reluctant to use more key frames.
I would ever so much appreciate any and all assistance you kind
Flash-aholics could provide, in between gulps of spiked eggnog and
rumballs!!
In Flash we love,
Heather