Subject: Re: FLASH: background music loop
From: mingo
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:07:44 GMT

Marc, hey you still around..thought you will be busy preparing 4 your
wedding on Sun now..
and no time to read the mail...not toking about replying..

thanks for your detail and clear explanation ! Finally I got the music to run
smoothly...really really really happy, without your help, I don't know when
I can
get it going.

Merry Christmas and a happy wedding to you :c)
mingo

At 05:13 PM 12/23/98 -0800, you wrote:
>At 04:51 PM 12/23/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Once this problem is solved, I can annouced the launching of my new flash
>>site !!
>>
>>1. How should I create a looping background music
>
>Hi Mingo.
>using the looping of the MC to loop the music will not work smoothly.
>Here's how to loop music smoothly and give the user the ability to turn it
>on and off. If you build this as a MC, make sure it's in its own layer and
>present the entire timeline. Or load it as an entire movie, on another level.
>
>FIRST: create a button to associate with the particular sound loop, with
>its up, over, release, and hit states. Exit the button editing window.
>
>SECOND: create a symbol that's a movie clip. Give it three frames and
>three layers.
>In layer 1, place the button in frame one.
>In layer 2, frame 1, place your sound. I start with it off, so frame one's
>"properties" (under the "sound" tab) has the specific sound listed but Sync
>is set to "Stop." Frame two's properties lists the sound, Sync is "event"
>and Loops is set high (I use 999). Effect can be whatever you like. I
>often create a fade in for the first second or two of the sound. (Note: to
>change it so the sound is On by default, just swap the actions of the two
>frames in this layer.) Frame 3 has no keyframe.
>Layer 3 holds frame actions. Frame 1 says "Stop." Frame 2 says "Stop."
>Frame 3 says "Go to Frame 1."
>Now put the playback head over frame 1 and double click the button on the
>stage. Assign it this action:
> On (Release)
> Go to Next Frame
> End On
>Exit the editing window. Place the clip you've just made anywhere on your
>movie stage. It can even move around if you want it to. When the user
>clicks on it, it will either start or stop the sound that has been placed
>in it. It won't affect any other sounds.

>NOTE: sometimes it's best to put a sound in its own movie, especially if
>it's a large file size. In that case, just construct the above clip as a
>separate movie and load it on top of your main movie.
>

>Marc Hoffman

*** Welcome ***
~ ah mingo digital garden ~
(Photoshop Photo Touchup Tips)