Subject: Re: FLASH: Problems with Aftershock
From: Jason
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:42:05 GMT

Are you on Mc or PC?  I had exactly the same problem with Mac. NN left a white spec instead of showing the movie and IE showed the gif image. I never found the solution. I went back to the simplest code. Sorry.
Jason
Maurice Doran wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this list (but have been using Flash since the pre-Macromedia
days...)

I normally insert my Flash movies in my HTML pages using the sample code
supplied by Macromedia.  Never had a problem and all seemed to work well
across multiple browsers.  I thought I'd give the Aftershock application a
try since it's included in Flash 3 and I'm seeing all sorts of weird
behaviour across various platforms and browsers.  Here is what's
happening...

- Mac IE4 browser won't play the animation, only displays the static GIF
image.

- Some PC IE4 browsers will not display the animation, just a "pink frame"
where the movie should be.

- Some PC Netscape 3 browsers will not display the movie just the GIF file.

In all cases, I made sure the latest Shockwave/Flash was loaded.  Any
ideas/comments?

By the way, the URL is www.mediamedia.com

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated...

Maurice Doran
mediamedia