Subject: FLASH: Flash 4 Book
From: Michael J. Weldon
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:22:12 GMT

As my good deed for the day, I thought I'd pass along a few words on a new
Flash 4 book that I just finished reading. I picked it up for under $20.00
at CompUSA a couple of days ago. It is one of the "Visual Quickstart Guide"
series published by Peachpit/Macromedia Press. The author is Katherine
Ulrich and the title is "Flash For Windows & Macintosh". It totals 442
pages.

There is a companion web site for this book located at
http://beta.peachpit.com/vqs/flash/ . You may view the table of contents
for the book at this site; buy the book direct there; review some sample
files associated with the book etc.

I found the book to be very straight forward and an easy read. The
explanations provided were concise and complete with clear examples to
follow. The book was replete with pictures explaining covered content and
this made following along very easy. The book is written primarily for
first-time flash users but has some elements included for the more advanced
users. All in all, I found it a good read and helpful. Many of the
questions I have seen posted to the list here were covered in this book. I
believe that anyone new to Flash could read this book and start spitting out
Flash content with little problem...It's a good buy for the money.

I also purchased a companion book to this title entitled "Dreamweaver For
Windows & Macintosh" by J. Tarin Towers. I have only just started this book
so I can't really comment on it yet...but it appears to be the same quality
as the Flash book.

Just so no one get his/her shorts in a knot over my book
selection.....inasmuch as there are a number of new Flash authors on this
list...I plan on buying their books as well!

That's it.....now what page was I on before I interrupted myself...hmmmm...

flasher is generously supported by...