Subject: FLASH: Open/Close Windows from WITHIN a FlashMovie?
From: A.R.
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:49:42 GMT

Hi there,
well, since i only got any reply from Bruce Altner saying
closing a window = self.close() - well, alright i knew that ;-))
(THX Bruce) but that doesn�t help. To adress my problem again:

I have a frameset (that controls the outer width of all = fullscreen)
containing another frameset, wich holds the pages to show (centered
in the middle, held by the outer frameset).
The top frame (of the inner frameset) contains a Flashmovie (Fl3)
wich contains the Menu for the complete site.
Now, what i have to do is: open a new window from a button within the
Flashfile (i�ve done that with target=new) AND CLOSE the active window
(containing the swf.file sending the target command) as soon as
the new one has been opened.
My Problem is that i can�t get a script to work from Flash
(it seems NC4 doesnt get any Javascript-commands at all from the flashfile) -
but how do i talk to NC4 from Flash? (How do i adress an external .js-file
to flash??? GetURL ???)
Ive tried FSCommands but NC doesnt seem to react on it.
Apart from that i don�t know the possible FSCommands to realize this.

So pleaaasse, is there anyone to know if this is possible at all
and furthermore tell me HOW TO DO THAT???

You�ll save my day
Alex
Das NICHTS ist die Kraft, durch die das ETWAS in Erscheinung treten
kann... (Allan Watts)
The NOTHING is the power through which SOMETHING will arise...
(Allan Watts)
digitalwelten - new media -
phone +49 69 61993358
fax +49 69 61993359