Subject: FLASH: HELP urgent!! :|
From: Syed Junaid Ahmed
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:08:14 GMT

I am having trouble following this if anyone can help me?

the following is the tutorial that I am reading and attached is the movie
file that I have created using FLASH 4

Integrate the Menu
OK, so now you have a pop-up menu. What's next?
There are about three dozen useful things you can do with a pop-up menu.
You
could use it to pass JavaScript commands (using Flash's FSCommand feature);
control a frameset; access a database for a search or document retrieval
(with Flash Generator integration); or, simply load a URL. This tutorial
focuses on using the menu for navigation within the Flash file.
See it in action: An integrated Flash pop-up menu.
Now create a movie symbol that will contain each of the pages:
1. Start with the previous file.
2. Select Insert/Create Symbol and then the Movie radio button, and name it
Pages. Then click the OK button. Now you are in the symbol workspace.
3. Name the current layer Guide Layer.
4. Using the Pencil tool, create a large simple shape (a circle or square
will do) and call it Guide Shape. You will use this shape to help you place
the symbols in the main scene.
5. Insert a new layer above the current one. Name it Individual Pages
Layer.
6. Label the first keyframe in the Individual Pages Layer Blank. Create a
new keyframe following Blank and label it Alpha Page.
7. Create a drawing of some kind. (The example above uses a car, a soda
can,
and a sign.) When you have finished the drawing, select it, and make it a
symbol using Insert/Create Symbol.
8. Create a second keyframe, labeling it Beta Page, and a third keyframe,
labeling it Omega Page. For each of these create a second and third
drawing,
respectively. Be sure that the drawings are symbols.
Next add the content movie symbol to the main scene:
1. Return to the main scene timeframe and open the Library. The recently
created symbol, Pages, will appear in the Library list.
2. Create a new layer and call it Pages Layer. Drag the Pages symbol from
the Library onto the layer. Double-click it and give it the label My Pages.
Finally, link each menu button to a particular page of content in the movie
symbol:
1. Go to the Menu Open keyframe. Double-click the Alpha button in the
pop-up
menu to open its properties.
2. Go to the Action tab and add the action Tell Target--notice it
automatically sets the Release action for the button.
3. Select the My Pages symbol as the target by double-clicking it in the
field on the right. (Make sure the symbol name My Pages appears in the
field
below.)
4. Add a Go To action to the Tell Target.
5. Select the Label radio button and type in Alpha Page.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5, adding Tell Targets to the Beta and Omega
buttons in the pop-up menu and setting them to Beta Page and Omega Page,
respectively.
Now your pop-up menu is controlling the content of your Flash movie!

Please need help

thank you

Junaid
sjahumbleatjps [dot] net