Subject: Re: FLASH: OT Fireworks
From: Jefferis
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:42:09 GMT

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:59:13 PST, "John Cocktosten"
<jcocktostenathotmail [dot] com> wrote:

John, I don't think that what you are trying to do is a Fireworks problem
but an html problem. The stage in Fireworks is square, even with the
blank areas. If you create a smooth image slice and slice cut out the
blank table area, and export it as a javascript rollover, eg, or just as
slices, you are going to end up with a table in html and not a FRAMESET,
which is sounds to me like you are trying to do.

However, you can dissassemble the table .gif images that are part of your
slices, delete the blank area gif of your stage, and then create separate
frames pages for your nav bars and headers. and then reassemble them into
a frameset.

Write to me off list if you need more info or if you don't get the
answers you need.

Jeff

>I have a interface that I designed. It has a top graphic running the length
>of the top, and a nav graphic that runs down the left side of the page. The
>pieces are connected and there are JavaScript rollovers on the left nav
>area. My problem is that when I try to export, the proggy thinks that the
>entire stage area is part of the graphic and exports that as part of the
>table. I only want the top and left piece to export, not the rest of the
>stage. I have tried slices and transparencies and trimming, nothing has
>worked. Does anybody have a clue what I am doing wrong? In the past I would
>have just cut it up in PhotoShop and built the table for it in Homesite, but
>all I kept hearing about was how good Fireworks is for cutting up
>graphics...
>
>Thanks a million in advance and once again, sorry for the OT.
>
>John Cocktosten

Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Web Design and Marketing
410 Woodland Ave.