Subject: FLASH: Sound compression settings
From: Heather Perkins
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:05:16 GMT

Pardon the third posting, but I have received no response,
and would very much appreciate any and all info. on this
problem.

There is apparently a bug in Flash4 that resets all
the individual sound compression settings made using the
sound dialogs in the Library.

So, say I go through the library and individually set the
ADPCM compression levels differently for each of 10
sound effects. When I open the library again, the levels
have all defaulted to 22k/4bit ADPCM, or22k/2bit, or
some other random value. "Saving," "saving as,"
etc. don't seem to "lock" the values in, nor does locking
the layers, or anything else I've tried.

I can set an overall compression setting for all the sounds,
using the "Publish" or "Export" dialogs, but I often need to
make individual settings. And these should remain the way
I've set them unless I've selected "Override sound settings"
in the export dialog, neh?

I have seen this on Flash for the Mac only (doesn't
seem to happen on the PC version.) I've also only
notice it with ADPCM sounds, but haven't had time
to test the bug with MP3--we are keeping our movies
Flash3 compatible for now.

Anyone have any ideas? Is Macromedia planning a fix?

Heather Perkins
Sound Director/Senior Sound Designer
EGN Content Studios, North
http://www.egreetings.com

"This site MUST be viewed in 4.0 Browsers or you are doomed."
-- Magda Diaz

you are doomed � is a trademark of and copyrighted by
magda diaz corp., 1997. unauthorized use punishable under law.

flasher is generously supported by...