Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: crapintosh vs microcrap
From: Jefferis
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 18:18:26 GMT

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:19:41 -0600, "T1" <tony99attexas [dot] net> wrote:

>OffTopic for Flash, but I figure someone on this list will have an opinion
>on this...
>
>As far as Mac's -VS- PC's go, why do most midi/and multimedia designers
>tend to go for Mac's? what are the advantages of doing so?

>What about printers? Do you have to buy the Apple printer with the Apple
>system, he he.. j/j....
>
>Please help me to understand this Mac conversion frenzy...
>
>Thank you.

Didn't you just post this to GoLive? Are you really interested in an
answer or are you just trying to start a flame war?

While WIN is catching up to Mac's in many ways, Mac was always ahead in
ease of use, graphical orientation of the OS and integration of the OS.
WIN was an OS placed on top of an OS. My wife uses both. And prefers the
Mac by far. She says she has trouble just trying to delete a file on WIN
when you just drag the icon to the trash in Mac. 4 years ago, when I
played with a WIN, I was astounded at how difficult it was just to copy
text from one application to another. There was no universal clipboard.
No drag and drop. Just simple elegance things were missing.

I know WIN has about caught up in many areas. If I were doing heavy duty
accounting or scientific computation, I would recommend a PC. But
having to train others in computers, the simplicity of the interface and
connecting peripherals, etc, made Macs the obvious choice for newbies.

Jeff

Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Web Design and Marketing
410 Woodland Ave.