Subject: FLASH: STRANGE TEXT FILE READING PROBLEM!!!!!!
From: David Doggett
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 01:00:01 GMT

Hello everyone... I hope everyone had a Merry Chirstmas.

My problem is a strange one that I have never run into before...

I am reading in a value from a text file that will determine a movie to load
into _level1 from another url. Here is the scenario:

data.txt
***************************************
&movie=template1.swf
&color=red

***************************************

Now from another movie in the same folder as the data.txt file I am calling
out to the text file data.txt and reading in the variable movie. This has
always worked fine on other projects for me however I tried for about a day
to debug why when I read in the value of movie eventhough when I show the
value on the screen it looks correct what could be wrong! I managed to fix
my problem somewhat by editing the text file a bit until it worked and this
is how it had to be:

data.txt
***************************************
&movie=template1.swf
***************************************

It ONLY worked when I took all of the data below the &movie=template1.swf
out! I can have as many lines above it as I want but if I have data below
it messes up!

I NEED to be able to have lines of data setting varibales below it just by
the way this project works..

Does ANYONE know WHY this might be happening?????

Help is greatly appreciated and I would gladly send anyone who would be
generous enough to help me with this problem the source files.

Sincerely,

David Doggett

flasher is generously supported by...