Subject: Re: FLASH: Shared Buttons bug ?
From: Didier GEORGES
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:46:57 GMT

Hi Muzak,

>But then again, should documentation provide you with
> information about what you CANNOT do with the
> program? Sounds silly to me.

I am sorry not to agree with you.

Allowing us to program something that would be KNOWN not to work at all,
without any "restrictions-to-the-feature" in the manual, pdf, faq or
technote would not be fair...

>Using shared libraries can optimize your workflow and movie asset management in
>numerous ways. For example, you can use shared
>libraries to do the following:
>Share a sound file across a site
>Share a font symbol across multiple sites
>Provide a single source for elements in animations used across multiple scenes
>or movies
>Create a central resource library to use for tracking and controlling revisions

Would not "sharing button items across several files that make a site" be
"creating a central ressource library to use for tracking and controlling
revisions" ?

Get me : OK, it doesnt work, it seems to be known not to work, maybe it
never has been intended to. We'll have to live along with that (after all,
we didnt pay for it, just dreamed about it...)

But : Does this fact make a good reason for not considering it a bug in the
shared libraries feature ?

>And Andrew, you make it sound as if you bought F5 just because of the
>shared library feature. Oh boy, you must be dissappointed.

So do i, and we must not be the only ones.
Sharing objects with a professionnal and reliable solution to build sites
was, to me, the main reason to got to F5. this was supposed to save me
conception, development and revision time (sorry : this is a busyness vs
hobby concern : i have to be fast and efficient to make money building sites
with flash ;-)

And as soon as sharing FONTS is raised... did you have any success in using
shared fonts with dynamic text fields or shared text items ?

Shared libraries was, to me, and probably to others, a MAJOR feature of F5.
The actual implementation is, to me, near useless.

Didier GEORGES
dgeorgesatarawana [dot] fr

Register before November 10 and save �200
http:// www.flashforward2000.com