Subject: Re: FLASH: EPS, FH8, SWF and FLASH
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:38:10 GMT

I'm not sure where the problem is. Miscellaneous notes:

-- "EPS" is Encapsulated PostScript, not Editable PostScript. It's best
for uneditable little packages. (Yes, some tools have blurred this
distinction. Altsys and FreeHand originated the EPS format.)

-- .AI is a common vector file transfer format. When going to Flash, don't
put things like graphics or gradients in there. Don't use .AI versions
which came out after Flash 3, either, because Flash could not predict the
future.

-- In FreeHand, just export as SWF. (If you had the Animation PowerPack
you could do this in FH7 too.) Again, you can make complex files which
won't transfer... send things that Flash can use, instead.

-- With any file transfer task, start with a simple file to prove the
path. Then you can start adding complexity.

vector tools to Flash. I'm not able to accurately guess, from the
description, what might be different there.

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your