Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: intro
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:45:29 GMT

Hi Marc.

> 1) I've been trying to get flash movies in HTML layers, but they seem to
> disappear when I the page preview in a browser. I created the layers in
> Dreamweaver and imported shockwave movies into the seperate HTML layers in
> there, but they seem to vanish when browsed. What am I doing wrong?
Plugins (Flash) only work with DHTML layers only in MSIE 4+ Win 95/98/NT
so far.
See the last 2 links under HTML:
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#HTML

> 2) How do I tell non-flash buttons (linked images) to activate a certain
> flash movie using javascript?
Flash Methods (FS Commands)
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Scripting

> 3) Speaking of which, can I activate a movie using a completely seperate
> button (= shockwave movie), for instance how can I get movie.swf to start
> playing by clicking button.swf which is a seperate movie in another part of
> the HTML page? Am I stuck to having to make a huge screen-filling movie to
> have buttons activate movies?
same Flash Methods (FS Commands)
see Hawaii under Scripting Demo at link above.

> 4) The page intro is a shockwave movie, after which a background colorfade
> has to happen (from white to green), which is a piece of javascript code.
> What do I have to do, to tell the last frame of that intro movie to activate
> the javascript?
FS Command Frame Action.