Subject: Re: FLASH: Close window
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 18:22:02 GMT

At 10:50 AM 2/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone know what a *simple* command (FS or action) to close a browser
>window?

See Colin Moock's site:
http://colinmoock.iceinc.com/webdesign/flash/

>Also, what's considered too large for download? My whole SWF is 340 k
>with a preload animation to keep you occupied ... is that too big? ...
>basically the sounds and music made it big.

What matters much more than absolute file size is how it streams. Do a
TestMovie and turn Bandwidth Profiler on. Set it to frame-by-frame graph,
28k baud modem, and see how it performs. If the streaming chokes up, you
have some more planning and optimizing to do. Otherwise, you should be
fine with files much larger than 340k.

Marc Hoffman