Subject: Re: FLASH: Close window / MOVIE SIze / Chris
From: David Gary
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:41:38 GMT

Daniel Votino wrote:

> My experience is that IE users have the ability to skip
> "entertaining preloaders" on future visits so long as they have at least sat
> through it once, their cache hasnt expired and the swf files have not been
> changed or edited on the server side in any way.

Yup, the developer can add a "If frame loaded" routine for a "cached" swf.
Ill place a "If frame loaded" =(label)"cached" then "Goto"=(label)"wherever.
Then I will have a keyframe
in the end of the movie labeled "Cached". When the movie loads it will run by
the "If frame loaded"
keyframe and if the label "Cached" frame is loaded it will go straight wherever
the movie begins or wherever
I want it to.

> In the end, when we have
> all mastered minimalism as second nature to out artisitic personalities, we
> will be granted more bandwidth from the technology gods and then begin to
> add all the stuff we really wish we could do now. It shall make us better
> artists in the end I believe!
>
> ~daniel out

I dont know about that <g>, however it will give the masters alot more freedom
to be creative.

=8>)-

-DG-