Subject: Re: FLASH: Animation in Buttons
From: Skye
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:21:36 GMT

I am learning Flash and have a relatively good grasp on what I've learned
thus far. I want to move on to more advanced projects, but have a question
or 2 before I can do some of the things I want to do.

1. How is the mouseover motion blur effect created over time as in the menu
on the right side of http://www.e3direktiv.com/main.html

and the intro to macromedia's flash gallery (the bouncing motion blurred
F3G) at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/gallery/

2. From what I understand, you can't bring digital video (quicktimes) into
Flash as you can in director. However, some of the shockwave projects at
http://www.hillmancurtis.com/site3/contents.html seem to do just that, and
have amazingly small shockwave file sizes. My guess is that what appears to
be digital video is a GIF animation exported from a once-digital video and
then the GIF imported into Flash.(?) Even if this is the case, how do the
file sizes stay so low with the bitmap images imported?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,

Skye