Subject: FLASH: Newbie question -tweening shaes
From: Jefferis
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:05:02 GMT

Hi folks,

I just joined the list and got the program last week. I have followed
the tutorials and the lessons, but I am having trouble applying what I've
learned to some imported graphics.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it is I'm doing
wrong.

I have been trying to tween shapes of some graphics and while the tween
menu seems to allow my action, I don't get any result on the movie page.
I am a bit confused because some tweens require symbols and others forbid
it; some require items grouped and others forbid it.

I imported both bitmap [gif] and Freehand png graphics into Flash,
ungrouped them or broke them up and tried to apply a tween to morph
between one and the other.
I've gotten motion tweens to work fine with symbols, but this shape tween
is driving me nuts.

Any help explaining this basic principle to me would be GREATLY
apprectiated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Peterson Sales