Subject: Re: FLASH: Yikes!! You ripped the frog apart?????
From: David Mendels
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:10:12 GMT

At 10:25 AM 2/19/99 -0800, Sienna Design wrote:
>I gave up on trying to defend the original owners of a design or a program.
> I called Macromedia and told them how Flash 3 was being stolen, who was
>stealing it, and exactly how they were doing it and that they were teaching
>others to do the same. I was greeted with a rude woman who got mad at me
>for calling with the info ( she worked in security department and it was
>her job to report such incidents) so my last words to her were something
>like.. if Macromedia doesn't care that their stuff is stolen, why should I?
>I hung up.

Hi Sienna,

We do care! I can not comprehend at all how you got that sort of response,
and I apologize for it. We actively pursue pirates who steal our software,
and appreciate very much people like yourself contacting us with
information that might help. Software piracy is terrible for Macromedia,
and also for our users who spend their money honestly on software and then
compete against folks who just steal it. Please send a private email off
the list to Steve Wozniak (no relation to Apple's Wozniak) at
swozniakatmacromedia [dot] com. He is responsible for our anti-piracy efforts and
can address this issue and hopefully fix whatever was broken when you
called us last.

Thank you in advance, and our apologies again if you were not treated well
when you called. I don't undertand how that could happen, and we will work
to fix it.

Regards,

David Mendels
Vice President and General Manager