Subject: Re: FLASH: Masks
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:15:58 GMT

Hi St�phane,

> It's my first time with you all. I hope I'll be sometime as good as you seem
> to be...
> I started working with Flash 3 about 2 weeks ago and try very hard to know
> the most I can about it.
> I can't imagine the basic rules to create a mask. I followed the Flash 3
> lesson about it but I'm always confused.
Masking involves two layers the Mask and the Masked Layer.
The Masked Layer is always on the layer directly below the Mask.
The Mask determines where objects in the Masked Layer will be seen.
Only under the Mask object will items on the Masked Layer appear.

The Masked layer contains the contents you want to be seen and the Mask
defines the area where they will be seen. The only items on the Masked
layer that will be seen are under the Mask object in the Mask Layer.

Mask Layer - defines the area in the Masked Layer that will be seen.
Masked Layer - the contents that will be seen if under the Mask Object.