Subject: Re: FLASH: What is wrong with speed????
From: Michael Penne
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:16:56 GMT

Wrong tool for the job. Go to
http://www.terran-int.com and read up on the
difference between photo-jpeg compression (what
flash does) and keyframe based compression
(cinepak, sorenson, mpeg). For large video style
animations, you need a video player. Fortunatly
you can still output your flash file to QuickTime
and convert to mpeg (the more usual standard for
kiosks). If you need the file to be more
interactive than mpeg allows, you can add some
(f3) interactivity in Flash to the QuickTime
file, or use Livestage
(http://www.totallyhip.com)to access bulit-in
interactivity in QuickTime...

Either that or use a quad xeon with a intergraph
wildcat and a raid array for your player, that
should be able to play 720x480 photo-jpeg video
in real time...

--- "Stuart Mayhew (Garanti Teknoloji)"
<stuartmatgaranti [dot] com [dot] tr> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a question for you about stuttering and
> spluttering animation, I have produced some
> animtions for a stand alone ATM machine(which I
> once mentioned before is basically a pentium 2
> computer that gives cash) a shockwave animation
> I have produced has been made up of 100(80Kb)
> images(JPEGS) imported from a animation program
> now the images are of a high quality bank note
> animated panning around the screen at 700x400
> pixels......my question is this....when the
> shockwave file plays it stutters along and the
> hard drive churns and basically everthing seems
> processor intensive I am working on a test
> computer which is also a pentium2 with 128Mb
> etc etc.

=====
Personal Flash, etc.
http://www.humboldt.edu/~mmp5/flash.html