Subject: Re: FLASH: No more demo FLAs
From: Michael Penne
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 21:47:37 GMT

William, Regarding the current tempest on
chinwag:

So let me get this straight. Branden, who has
helped numerous folks on this list out with code
snippets, trouble shooting, as well as giving
away entire fla projects, asking only (in the
case of the full flas) that his and his company's
name be mentioned in the code. He was upset to
notice that several folks, for demos and paying
projects, had replaced his content with their own
and used his code without citing a reference,
credit, etc.

Now you write a scathing rebuttal to him for his
complaint with a specious conceit referring to
his use of a common term with uncertain origins?

William, I believe you missed the point of both
Branden's original complaint as well as the
nature of this list as a place to share
knowledge. One would think that a person with
your claimed experience on the net would have the
courtesy not to conduct a flame war on a public
list.

Further, trolling (on an email list, is hardly
the mark of an 'old-timer'. Please, spring is
coming, get in your boat and bait your hook for a
more rewarding catch.

Thanks!

--- William Skyvington <skyatkyxar [dot] fr> wrote:
>That would have put
> him into perspective,
> without offending our old-time Lispers.
>
> Another minor but relevant detail. It's a fact
> that our innocent
> Branden, who may know how to write code (?),
> doesn't know how to
> write good English prose.
>
> He might be quiet for a while...

i41hope<NOT>!