Subject: Re: Grammar ? Was: Re: PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD - RE: FLASH: OT:Design computerconfiguration---under $3500.
From: unique
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:13:52 GMT

Mary guessed thusly:

>I think whom ever wrote this should just kill off the second sentence, it's
>repetitive of the first sentence and redundant.
>
>"Macromedia, has announced a Flash competitor. Will Macromedia
>survive?"
>
>The statement is made, there is no need to add to it . . .

Egad, you are living in Dreamland. Business A exists. Business B
arises. Will Business A survive? This is NOT a redundant or
meaningless question in any way!

>Competition is always good for business, it keeps prices lower.

PLZ Mary.

Competition KILLS some businesses, including some whose product
didn't deserve to die. And MM has much more of a recent history of
embarrassing guffaws than Adobe does. Who knows where things may lead?

This is real life.

Just my 2�,

Ken Sherwood

p.s. I find it amusing that my use of the word "*sic*" has lead to
all of this speculation about what I meant. You guys should be
reading your new Flash books instead :-) .

p.p.s. ... and I should be, too, insteada writing these ...

--

"In particular, I was musing about where Flash would be in a couple
of years. Right now, it's been delivered to a vast number of

-- hwg-theory list contributor, 2000.02.12

flasher is generously supported by...