Subject: Re: FLASH: 11th hour difficulties
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:03:38 GMT

Russell, hi!

My first guess is that a preloader is not going to help at all. It isn't
the "download" time in this case that's causing it to chug, it's the
heaviness of the re-draws with too many things going on at once. I don't
know how to explain it right, because I don't think it is the CPU itself,
but the video that it's having trouble with? Maybe it's the CPU that has to
do the redraw? I don't know the technicalities, but the truth of it is, I
would start with streamlining the parts that are moving more than one object
at a time, especially if it is a large object and/or has gradient fills, or
is a bitmap, or is a "complicated" drawing with many layers/lines
etc.....and not waste my time with a preloader that just isn't gonna help.

HTH

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution