Subject: Re: FLASH: publishing large file in Flash on a CD
From: Phil Ward
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:42:09 GMT

Hi David,

To answer your last point first...you would be better off using Director for
this project as you have so many pix.

Failing that if you have Fireworks save all the pix as 8 bit png files (you
can set the images to 100% dither if it helps the image, but this increases
file size).

If you use png files remember to go to the image properties box and change
the default setting of JPEG to lossless gif/png.

To aid loading I would suggest breaking up your movie into your 5 sections
(or more) and creating seperate swf files and use load movie commands to
call the required section.

As for the memory requirement when being played back...the movie will stream
from the CD...so you should be ok there.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards

Phil