Subject: Re: FLASH: Site Check Please www.awsolution.com
From: Brian Mays
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:03:46 GMT

Hi Cheri. I took some time to look at your site. Here are some of my
thoughts.

Cheri Harder wrote:

> 1. Is there too long a wait for the samples after you pick one?

Really couldn't give you a good opinion on this one, as I was viewing on a
t1. Of course, over that connection there aren't any waiting problems :-)

> 2. Three of the samples open new windows...is this confusing?

I didn't find it confusing. But I know others who are adamantly against new
windows. Your opinion is what matters there.

> 3. Is the navigation clear enough?

This is the part I might be at odds with you about. If the navigation really
requires a full page of explanation, I'd say it needs to be redesigned or
simplified or more obvious. Using a full page to explain your navigation
keeps viewers from getting in and viewing the information that really matters,
which is your portfolio work. Think of it as a speed bump or detour on a
road...we all like to avoid them when we have the option to.

Also, in terms of navigation, we have a philosophy here at our shop which is,
"Never overestimate the intelligence and motivation of the users." Requiring
such a long description on how to use the navigation properly seems to defeat
that. But ultimately it's your opinion that matters. If you think your users
are going to be intelligent and savvy enough to use the navigation and/or
willing to wait through and read the instructions, I'd say leave it in. But
I'm of the school of "less is more."

> 4. Did I forget any platform on my detection scripting? (Did everyone see
> it?)

Tried it in IE 4.5 on Mac...viewed the Flash site perfectly :-)

Hope that helps.

Brian Mays

flasher is generously supported by...