Subject: Re: Offlist Reply -- Re: FLASH: Sound Sources
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:44:37 GMT

> >unique wrote:
> >
> > > Now I wanna be able to type my word(s) and just hit "return" insteada
> > > having to click the button with my mouse ... a move that takes
> > > longer. Can I have that too?!
> >Ask and receive! (All I need is inspiration, and a client-free
> >weekend...) It looks the same, but will go search on Enter now.
> >(http://i-technica.com/flash/flashlist.html)
>
> Just that easy, huh? Thanks!
You're welcome--wish everything in Flash was so easy!

> Any chance you're willing to share the text file with all of your
> gems in it? I'm guessing that you have something handy that you could
> send without much trouble. I'd love to see your entire collection at
> one glance?
>
> ... or maybe you just wanna add *that* as another feature of your site ;-)

All those hours of cutting & pasting & scratching my head and you want
me to *give* you the text file? ;-) Actually, it's not a text file,
it's an Access database, and my primary purpose in posting it (beyond
being able to pat myself on the back for getting flash and asp to talk
to each other) was to allow anyone who's interested to search for
previous answers to questions they have. If you want to see the whole
list--there are only 180 highly-subjectively-chosen entries in the whole
thing as of today--you can sit there and click the forward button 36
times, or just glomp through every single posting on the list every
single day and save what you're interested in! Ga, what a wordy bunch
we are!

I'll reiterate my offer to remove anyone from the database who doesn't
like being there (http://i-technica.com/flash/flashlist.html) and will
certainly entertain any suggestions for how to make the database more
useable. I know there's a lot to be improved--for one thing, when you
search for something and it doesn't find it, it just sits there looking
foolish instead of telling you it found nothing (kind of like my son
sometimes)--but if the request is doable, I'm happy to implement it.
Thanks for your interest, Ken--makes me all the more inspired to keep
working on it (and I guess if you really do want a text file, I can
convert it and email it to you...)

Regards,
Helen
i-Technica: Innovative Internet Solutions (http://i-Technica.com)