Subject: RE: FLASH: Selfish (Sidenote)
From: GDavies
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:36:17 GMT

An excellent explanation Charles. I started as a dos programmer in C in 93
and now I am a senior consultant and I design and engineer a variety of
large client server apps (flash is still a sideline for me).

I interview a lot of developers for programming positions and so many want
to do the *cool* stuff, but with client demands these days, salaries are not
the issue so I have to hire the best I can for my clients. The biggest
thing that would make me give a flasher a chance would be a demonstration of
their skills, names don't bother me, but with some of the sites I've seen
created by people on this list who claim to be beginners, seeing their work,
I'd offer them a job in a heartbeat if I need a flash developer.

Most of our web design guys who we hire are usually html guys who have
learned DHTML and javascript, they then learn flash in their spare time.
Having the solid grounding in DHTML and javascript usually means they have
the skills to pickup any script based technology and in some talented cases
to become java programmers.

Cheers
Grant

flasher is generously supported by...