Subject: Re: [flasher] Sound on/off controls vs. looping animation piece?
From: Anthony Smith
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 00:12:10 -0000

on 13/2/01 4:03 AM, -kingcarrot- . at wownflutterathotmail [dot] com wrote:

> So I've spend considerable time trying to figure out how the have a button
> which turns the sound off continue to operate after the movie in which it is
> called repeats. The whole main timeline starts again.
>
> This communication between the button state and the next play of the main
> timeline seemed difficult at best to achieve.
>
> I scoured the web this weekend and began to find that I could find no
> animations that looped + had an on/off button for their sound.
>
> Most, if they included an on/off button would not loop the entire piece.
> They would be single play flash pieces and the button would become less
> accessible naturally toward the end.
>
> Is this what you all have found as well?
> No looping of the entire movie when placing volume on/off buttons in your
> animations?

ok.. i see your problem.. :) um... an easy work around (i think)is inside
your sound movie.. have 3 key frames..

first one blank with a [stop]...
second with your sound on it and a [stop]..
third blank with [stop all sounds] and [goto and stop frame 1] on it.

i think thats what you mean.. good luck

madz