Subject: MC load and unload
From: Todd R. Warfel
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:08:34 -0000

I'm building a project in Flash 5, and since I'll be updating content on
this often, I'm using movie clips instead of scenes whenever possible. I
have a case studies section, and I'd like to have each case study load as a
movie clip.

Here's the current set-up. I have a scene called scnCaseStudy. I have the
main navigation fly in -- currently built in the scene, but will be changed
to a movie clip, as this navigation will grow. Then I have a MC (movie clip)
for the animation sequence of the navigation for the Case Studies placed in
the scnCaseStudy. This MC is called mcCaseStudyList

In the MC mcCaseStudyList, I have all the different case studies as MCs.
Again, I'll be updating these MCs to use scrolling text boxes, but for now
they're static. Hence, the reason for making them a MC.

What I'm trying to do is have the mcCaseStudyList load and unload the
different MCs (e.g. mcCaseStudy01, mcCaseStudy02, mcCaseStudy03). I've tried
the loadMovie, unloadMovie command, but it unloaded the main movie. This may
have been because I set the variable level to 0. Should I load the MCs at
their own level, or level 1 to prevent this? Will this allow me to load
mcCaseStudy01 at level 1? Then creating a button, which has the action,
unloadMovie at level 1, will this unload the movie mcCaseStudy01, returning
me to the stage of the main scene in mcCaseStudyList?

Right now, I have a button set to play a current scene in mcCaseStudyList,
which is just the list w/o any MCs loaded. The drawback is, this isn't in
the case study MCs, it's in the mcCaseStudyList, placed ontop of the MCs
(e.g. mcCaseStudy01, mcCaseStudy02, mcCaseStudy03).

Thanks!

--
Todd R. Warfel
Internet Director