Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: Best ACTIONSCRIPTING Book? (v.5)
From: Colleen Appleton
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:40:56 -0000

I took a peek at this link and I hope it's not to far off from publishing in
full. I've spent hundreds of dollars on Flash books but no one has
attempted to explain WHY we are setting up the commands. It's just been,
"do this and that will happen". Which is fine, but WHY are we doing that?

I look forward to this book because it looks like he's going to explain why
we are doing something instead of just memorizing commands not knowing what
makes them tick.

Now.... if someone would just do the same thing for making Flash work with a
database and ASP.. I would be so happy. There are plenty of examples out
there, but no explanation from step 1 to the end as to how to do it, and
why. *sigh*