Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: sitecheck: www.sommercontemporaryart.com/test
From: Gahlord Dewald
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:37:16 -0000

Re: [flasher] Re: sitecheck: www.sommercontemporaryart.com/test

Specs:
IE 5.0
Mac 9.0.4
PowerBook G3 1998 250mhz

Download:
I'm on DSL so I'm NA on this. But it came in too fast for me to even read how
big the filesize was so that's nice.

Functionality:
I think it's confusing the way multiple items light up in the lower nav
regardless of whether you roll over them or not.

Vertical scrolling is painfully slow. It jumps when you press the button.
Perhaps if you had it move slow (but not as slow as it does now) on rollover and
moves a bit faster if you click the arrow (but doesn't jump as it does now).

I get the point of the arrow pointing to a straight line meaning "jump to the
top" but giving me that cue once I've already clicked is useless no? The dreaded
scratch-and-sniff/mystery meat navigation method which will land you an honored
place in Web Sites that Suck (which doesn't, btw, mean that _I_ think your web
site sucks, I think it's quite nice).

The way navigational elements change size (like the past/future exhibitions) is
a bit jarring in the same was the arrow jumping is.

In the artists section you have white backgrounds appear behind the artists. I
don't know if that's a mistake or not. It looks kind of cool but maybe not? More
important though you should check out muntean/rosenblum for the rule length.

If you are going to make an entire flash project and disable Jakob's precious
back buttons you may wish to consider crafting a new one in your flash project.

Hope that helps,

Gahlord Dewald v: 802.658.4267 http://www.thtfct.com
THTFCT Creative: Interactive, Motion, Print
416 Pine Street f: 800.863.9606
Burlington, VT 05401 e: gahlordatTHTFCT [dot] com USA