Subject: Targetting Movie clips
From: Zohreh, Majid
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:29:52 -0000

Hello all,

I was just wondering whether anyone has encountered a problem regarding
targetting movie clips from buttons.

I have a button in my movie and I want it to play a movie clip on a mouse
rollover so I used the following code in my button:

on (rollOver) {
tellTarget ("movie") {
gotoAndPlay ("play");
}
}

I couldn't see where I was going wrong yet, I could not get the button to
play the movie. Eventually I placed an invisible button on top of my actual
button and used the same code on my invisible button and this time it
worked.

I was just curious as to why this was as I cannot see why this happens.

Regards

Majid Zohreh