Subject: Re: [flasher] Drawing Preferences
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:59:50 -0000

At 10:07 AM -0800 2/20/01, Levi Walter wrote:
>When I try to draw any shape in Flash 5 there is no "reference shape" to
>show me what the shape looks like before I release the mouse button. I hope
>I am explaining myself. When I click and drag to draw a shape, there is
>nothing there to show me what it will look like. It's like trying to draw
>with your eyes closed. Can anyone tell me how to make this show up.

Sounds like a video card issue. What platform are you using (Windows
or Macintosh)? What video card are you using?

ATI video cards have had problems with this type of thing before.
ATI has been very good about updating their video drivers to address
this issue. If you're using an ATI card, try visiting their web site
(http://www.atitech.ca) and downloading the latest video drivers for
your card.