Subject: Re: [flasher] Local pc commands from flash
From: Muzak
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:44:12 -0000

In a projector (exe) -> yes, in a browser (swf) -> no.
You can launch any program with the fscommand("exec","path-to-program.exe") command.
I'm not sure if this also works on a Mac, but it does on a PC.
On a PC you can also launch programs that are in the systems' path, just by specifying its name:
All these work (on Win2K) and there's probably more.
//launch notepad
fscommand ("exec", "notepad.exe");
fscommand ("exec", "notepad");
//launch calculator