Subject: Re: [flasher] Trying to cache 10 swf's for seamless daisy chain play
From: Millie Maruani
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:21:40 -0000

I'll try to give you an idea in some words, in a simple way.

create an empty movie called base.swf on level0
let's call your swf A1, A2 , A3....
you test their preloading . at the begining of each , you use a loop
testing, if all images are charged, you stop the swf on an empty frame and
give to a variable in level 0 called a1 for movie A1, the value 1. you
label "start" the image where your movie begins.
on level0 you load all the movie A1 on level1, A2 on level2...
if a1=1 you can tell target (or with) level1 to play "start",A1.swf will
play . at the end of A1, you test, if _level0.a2=1 you play A2.swf on level
2 and so on. don't forget, when level2 is begining to play, to unload level1.

it was more easy to explain it that way, but you can just load the first
movie without any a1 test, stop and target. just test and target for the
others

Millie