Subject: Re: [flasher] Linkage -> Export this symbol causes an undesireably large firstkeyframe
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:26:01 -0000

At 8:10 PM 2/26/1, James Pine wrote:
>My main fla has about 60 movie clips that are exported
>as linkable so as to facilitate the use of the
>attachMovie command... flash seems to force
>all exported movie clips to load in frame one...

That's true... because such clips can be called at any time, they need to
be available when the movie starts.

(Any attachable clips need to have their linkage set to "export", and are
included in the SWF regardless of whether they appear in the timeline. Such
assets are loaded at the front of the file so they're available at any
time.)

I'm not sure of the best way to approach that particular project, but what
you're describing is definitely the case, true.

jd