Subject: Re: FLASH: Hints
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:15:28 GMT

Hi Arnie,

> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add "shape hints" for
> tweening on any layer but the first one.
Shape twenning takes place betwen two sets of drawn elements.
Each hint has two parts one in the beginning element and one in the
ending element. All the hints and elements must be in the same layer.
Many Shape Tweens work best by separating individual parts into separate
layers. By separating each component of a tween it helps to prevent
Flash from getting confused and to make it less likely to have to do
hinting and certainly easier to keep track of the hint points. Also
there is a limit of hinting points (26) so if you do require a lot of
hints then separating elements can also keep you from runnung out.