Subject: RE: FLASH: IE4 Mac detection
From: Eric J. Wittman
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 16:49:01 GMT

>>So, I believe the only thing to do is add in the GIF some message like:
"If you are using IE4/Mac and have the Flash plugin, click here", and point
it to a page without aftershock code. Is it the best way?<<

That is pretty much how we handled things on www.flash.com. There is a GIF
there that says "if you know you are cool, click here" then we also use the
Aftershock cookie setting code so that next time we do a detect, we notice
their cookie and have them continue through.

One thing I haven't checked yet is with the latest and greatest Internet
Explorer 4.5 for Mac. That was just released yesterday and hopefully they
fixed their old anomalous behavior. We are testing now.

Cordially,
Eric J. Wittman
Customer Advocate
Product Manager, Flash & Generator