Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: Tell Targets for Audio
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 06:15:51 GMT

At 09:36 PM 1/9/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Another Question for you all,
>
> I am wondering also if one were to place all their audio events in a
>seperate movie and loaded it as a new layer, i.e. "_layer1", if tell
>targeting to the events would be a better scenario for flash sites that
>involved a lot of audio? My concern is: Would there be any lag in one movie
>targeting another or would the events indeed take place as "quasi-real time"
>as they do when placed as an event on a frame inside the Parent movie
>itself.

Hi Daniel.

Assuming the audio movie has loaded, my experience is that there is no lag
time using telltarget from one movie to play a sound in a movie on another
level. The cockatoo and flute player in my audio playground use this
technique: http://www.dartfrogmedia.com

If you use this technique, you need to find a way to have the audio movie
loaded before users start targeting it. I achieved this by hiding the
sound-producing buttons until the audio movie is ready, at which time the
audio movie telltargets the controlling movie, telling it to display the
buttons.

Marc Hoffman