Subject: Re: FLASH: page detect
From: Charlene Reese
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 20:17:13 GMT

are you using the aftershock utility?
also, director and flash are in the same plugin now.
Also, I have a page that I made a few modifications to the source from
aftershock that does just about every scenerio I could think of.
Go to http://www.transintl.com

And check the source code.
hope that helps,
charlene
(I'm much better at javascript and html than I am at flash so far)

On 1/12/99, Patrick Dunne wrote:
> Hi,
>

>I'm still locked in a death struggle with a page detect script (I'm quite
>
>new at this so I'm tripping over what's probably quite obvious). The script
>
>refuses to recognize any plug-ins or Active-X and keeps shunting me to the
>
>"non-flash" page.
>

>Here lies my confusion: Does the script copied from FlashCentral Tech notes
>
>need to be altered to contain several different plugin and Active-X
>
>variations? If so, does anyone have any suggestions as to what they should
>
>be? (Or, better still, does anyone have a script that just needs to have the
>
>alternate pages changed?)
>

>Last question: Why does the script offer to take users to the Shockwave
>
>Director plugin? Should it not offer Shockwave Flash instead?
>

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

>pat
>

>oh yeah,
>
>http://www.dunnedesign.com/jha/index.html

Charlene Reese - S r T e U e D s I e O
Digital Graphic Design for Print, Multimedia and the Web
catreesestudio [dot] net http://www.reesestudio.net
949.766.7822