Subject: Re: FLASH: Background Sound Tracker/ Branden J. Hall
From: Branden Hall
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:15:48 GMT

Well, I give a detailed explaination on how it works in the Help forum on
the FlashZone message board. Here's what I said there:

"The basic idea is that rather that automatically starting the newly loaded
sound when you go to the next part of the demo, you tell target to a
controller movie and tell it to play. This controller movie is what actually
talks to the _level1 movie which contains the sound. The controller movie
has two "options" the first one that tells the sound SWF to go to its "play"
frame and another that tells it to go to it's "stop" frame. At start the
Controller movie will be set to the "play" option. However, besides actually
turning the sound on and off, the sound toggle button will also toggle the
state of the controller movie. Thus once you turn off the sounds the sounds
will not play in each section unless the user explicitly turns the sounds
back on, just what you wanted!"

Right now the background sound tracker *only* works with the stand alone
player, not on the web, however some people requested it as is, and thats
why its on FlashZone. Today or tomorrow I am writing a web-safe version of
the example, it should be on FlashZone by next Wednesday.

-=Branden J. Hall=-
Webmaster, Campus Recreation Services
University of Maryland, College Park
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~bjhall/