Subject: Re: FLASH: sound in symbols/movie
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 00:13:57 GMT

Not sure what you mean by "use the movie clip at some button symbol."
however, it's best to put the clip outside the button. Don't embed the
telltarget in the button using the symbol edit stage. Instead, attach the
action to the button instance on the stage by double-clicking the button
and selecting the actions tab.

Marc

At 09:48 PM 1/17/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>>Are you defining it as a multi-frame graphic or as a movie clip? It must
>>be the latter in order to be controlled. Assign a label to every frame
>>that has a sound in it. Also have a stop action with (or after) every
>>sound, so only one sound plays at a time. Drag this movie clip onto the
>>stage (it needs no graphic). make sure it's always present (give it its own
>>layer). Double-click it and give it the instance name "sounds." Button
>>action syntax will be:
>>
>>On MouseEvent(release)
>> TellTarget
>> /sounds
>> GoTo and Play
>> Frame Label: [insert one of the labels for a sound frame]
>> End TellTarget
>>End MouseEvent
>>
>this works fine, but when I try to use the movie clip at some button symbol:
>
>e.g:
> up over down hit
>
>soundlayer 1
>
>1:
>TellTarget
> ../sounds or _level0/sounds
> GoTo and Play
> Frame Label: [insert one of the labels for a sound frame]
>End TellTarget
>
>I get some very strange effects. If you want I can send you an example.
>
>Thanks,
>

>-christian.

Marc Hoffman