Subject: FLASH: Is there a DEFINITIVE Flash3 auto-detection?
From: Daniel Hart
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:55:42 GMT

Hello All,

apologies for the attachment, it IS small . . .

I have one simple but exasperating query, I have spent months trying to get
it right - I want to create an auto detection page that covers as many
browsers as possible. There are two things I want to cater for -

1) JavaScript ON - this will take the user to the relevant page, either the
Flash site, or if the user does not have the plugin, the non-Flash site with
the option to download.

2) If the browser does not support JavaScript, or if it is turned off, it
will go to a page which gives the option (with a sample movie) of entering
the Flashed/Non-Flashed site.

I have attached the script which I think is close, but there are reported
problems. Basically, I want to ignore Flash2 users, as the movies won't
work. Also, the current script, while it works in Netscape, does not work in IE, instead there is a blank coloured screen, something to do with the <NOSCRIPT> tag I think.

Many many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Daniel Hart
djh-graphicsatzetnet [dot] co [dot] uk
graphic designer

Title: Plugin Detection