Subject: Re: FLASH: Browser types
From: Natasha
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:05:24 GMT

Thank you Brad, and now my point.
When building for the web would it be best to build for a lower version of Flash?
At least the lowest version that would accomplish running the intended animation.
Is there a list of the versions and what they support of should just start by exporting my movie in version 1 and if that doesn't work try 2 and so on ?
Natasha

Brad Bechtel wrote:

> What browser brand and version can see Flash 3, Flash2, Flash1??
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/productinfo/systemreqs/contents.html lists the following:
>
> -Microsoft Windows 3.1, 95, NT 3.5.1 or later
> -68k Macintosh (PowerPC recommended) with System 7.1 or later
> -Netscape plug-in works with Netscape 2 or later (Macintosh and Windows)
> -ActiveX control works with Microsoft Internet Explorer 3 or later (Windows 95 or later, Windows NT)
> -Flash Player Java Edition requires a Java-enabled browser.
>
> Would there be a difference between the 16 bit version over the 32 bit?
>
> If you're talking about the plugin, the 16 bit version of the plugin is designed for use with 16-bit versions of Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer (usually the Windows 3.1 release). The 32-bit version is designed for use with current browsers and operating systems.
>
> What about WebTV?
>
> http://webtv.net/products/comparison.html lists the following:
>
> WebTV� Classic supports Flash 1.0 playback
> WebTV� Plus supports Flash 2.0 playback
>
> The HTML program that I use tells the HTML version 2, 3, 4 and how it will be seen however nothing about Flash files.

http://www.y2klinks.com
The hub of the Year 2000 Millennium resource Site Ring
The Year 2000 Conference center
And Millie! The first Artificial Intelligence compiled Year 2000 Millennium resource knowledge base.
http://www.pccheck.com
If it's Freeware or Shareware and Y2K
we're gonna have it.
Natasha