Subject: Re: FLASH: My sound Files keep getting corrputed in Flash.
From: Dave Hollinden
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:52:36 GMT

At 12:06 PM 1/25/99 PST, you wrote:
>Well actually I'm in the same deptartment as the AT&T recording studio
>and all our sound techs are scratching their heads on this one. I don't
>think it's a souind format problem as Flash has no problem playing the
>music and voice part of a wave, but the tone section (Dial tone
>specificly) has this wierd "click wobble" that repeates itself.
>-Adam

Hi Adam,

I've had problems with clicks before, and in pursuing it found that Flash
can create clicks in 11KHz files (I can go into more detail if you want).
Flash also has a problem with audio files that hit the peak negative value.
My suggestion is to make the dial tone files 22KHz, and normalize them to
something like 97% rather than 100%, and see if that helps. If not, it's
hard to say much more without being able to hear them.

Good luck,

Dave
Dave Hollinden
Audio Engineer
Jet City Studios, Seattle
dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com (mailto:dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com)