Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash: unload movie
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:40:18 GMT

Susie
I set my site up pretty much the way you are talking about; A
navigation movie at _Level 0 with buttons that load each additional swf
as the user requests. The problem with active buttons underneath is
indeed a parking problem. You can unload _Level 0 but it is really not
neccessary and it slows things down.
Here is what you might try:
1. In your navigation movie (_Level 0) add a stop action at the current
end of the movie.
2. Add an empty keyframe at the end of each layer.
3. Add a Label to this new end frame and call it "parking". (no quotes)
4. In each of your navigation buttons that loads a new swf put an
additional action (not in a Tell Target)to
go to and stop
Label=parking
5. the last thing is in each of your loaded swf in the return (unload
movie) buttons you must be sure to send an action to your navigation
movie telling it to return to what ever place in the timeline has the
navigation buttons active again.

Hope this helps.

Dorian

--
Dorian Nisinson Design
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)

Flash Tell Target Tutorial
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/TTtutor.htm

The Flash Fortune Teller
Ask and you shall be answered!
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm

Flash Central-- The Source for Flash Information
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

http://www.bway.net/~dorian
Graphic Design, Illustration, Flash Design
Photoshop 4 Actions too